How do I get my top lasanga noodles to stay moist?

I am using the oven ready kind, they are cooked, but maybe over cooked, why is it they are always dry? How long do you cook you lasagna for? Thanks

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oooo, I only cook mine for 45-50 minutes. You might be overcooking. Are you talking about a premade packaged lasagna?

Is that how long it says to cook it for? I would try backing it down to 50 minutes or so.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Put alot of sauce and cheese on top..I honestly like when the top and edges get a little crunchy.

Anonymous

• I put sauce and cheese on the top . And cook the lasagna with tin foil on it for a while.

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I always make home made lasagna...but there are ways to keep it from drying out. I might buy a bag of mozzarella and sprinkle it on top....maybe cover with foil to keep in moisture.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Cook for 40 minutes with a lid or foil at 375 F

Turn the heat down to 350 and remove the lid/ foil for 20 minutes
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• So do I completely cover the top with cheese? I usually put sauce over the top and some cheese and I do cover it with foil. I cook it for about 1 1/2 hours?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Put way more sauce on top than you think you need, then cover all of the sauce with cheese that will keep the sauce from evaporating while baking, and cover it for 35 mins, and uncover for 5 mins to brown the top.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes this is homemade lasagna, last time i added more tomato sauce and ended up with lasagna soup..and the sauce went to the bottom and the top noodles were still too crispy/hard, I guess I'm over cooking it by the sounds of the upper posts.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Honestly, it sounds like you need a new recipe - and to follow the directions exactly as is says. Check out Pioneer Woman's blog, her recipe is to die for and SUPER easy!
    Anonymous

• I do the same as most of these ladies 375 for 45 min or so. top layer is completely covered in sauce a small amount of cheese while cooking and covered tight with foil. After it comes out I open the foil spread more cheese and just let the heat of it melt it while its cooling. Its never dry!
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010