Am I the only one feeling overwhelmed?

I just tried to put up a piece of paper off the table and it was sticky!!!! AHHHHH! i can wipe everything down a thousand times yet there is always a sticky spot some where. I can pick up my house a thousand times but there is always something to trip on! I'm sick of the polly pocket all over the house. I'm sick of saying the same things over and over. I feel like a nag! I'm stressed and overwhelmed. I just want my house to be clean for one day...just one day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• been there sweetie

i save about $10 a month, no matter what... and any extra I take from our tax refund. It's my special $$$$ that we don't touch for anything, no matter what. And once a year, I get a professional cleaning lady in here. Usually right after Thanksgiving so it's PERFECT before Xmas. Whenever I trip over a Polly Pocket I just remember how gorgeous the place looks for that 1 day of the year :)

good luck, feel better
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes, exactly the way I feel all the time!
    Anonymous

• Definitely the way I feel. Toys being pulled out as fast as I can put them away, clean up after breakfast, then it's time for snack, clean up after snack, then it's time for lunch, little ones dirtying at least 2 outfits a day...never ends. I just keep telling myself, soon the kids will be old enough to have chores and more responsibilities and will be able to pick up after themselves and help out.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• As frustrating as it is, these years will fly by and one day your house will be empty like mine. You'll be wishing for Polly Pockets on the floor! A clean house is not important in the big picture but really spending time playing with your kids is important. I wanted my kids to remember all of the fun things we did together and the time I spent playing with them instead of always trying to keep the house clean. I would feel frustrated a lot and out of control trying to do it all. I would often stay up late after the kids went to sleep and clean to get things under control. I also had good luck by making a schedule for the day that allowed for play time and clean up time. The biggest problem would be not following the schedule or letting phone conversations take up too much time. It also helped when I would get up earlier than the kids so that I could get a good start on the day. Good luck and enjoy the kids!
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Welcome to motherhood! My house was 'sticky" for years, no matter how much you scrub. Put this in a bubble and blow it away momma. Life will not always be like this...and when they are grown you will long for the days you had to deal with sticky!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010