F.D.U. ? (frequent daytime urination)

Ok, we took 0ur son (age 5yr4mos) to the pediatrician for a non medical thing. I was desperate for some professional guidance on him peeing up to 15+ times a day. Sometimes way more. And he basically has to push/strain to get any out. We thought it was manipulative and a behavior issue..... like insisting on pee'ing 3 times during the duration of a 5 minute timeout... or bursting into the room dramatically announcing he's about to pee his pants.

Anyway .. I guess it's the real deal. An actual medical problem he will eventually outgrow on his own. His brain & bladder censors aren't connecting in a proper way... so even if he JUST emptied his bladder, his brain tells him it's full, causing him to constantly panic that he's about to lose it. I, of course, feel *AWFUL*... especially for the few times he was punished for bathroom issues. Has anyone else dealt with this bizarre disorder?????

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Did they rule out a urinary tract infection?
    fiestagrill

Answer by fiestagrill at 3:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010