Do I provide food for the adults at a 3 year old's birthday party?

I'm not sure on the etiquette here. I WAS planning on having my 3 year old's part at Chick Fil A on her birthday. The only time they could do was 5, so I booked it. Then, I was thinking that was dinner time, so perhaps I should be feeding the adults, too.

Would you expect food for adults at a party at 5pm? What about 10am? They have that time available on a different date. The kids get nugget meals.

whiteroses82

Asked by whiteroses82 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A nugget tray would be great, they can buy their own drink, etc. They do have to stay with their kid and probably will be hungry at that time.
    lrackley

Answer by lrackley at 8:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I had my daughter's party at a place and I made sure there was enough pizza and cupcakes for the adults as well. Every party I've taken my daughter too had enough for the parent's too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• No I wouldn't feed the adults. And I dont believe most people would expect you to. I would however, have enough cake for everyone ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes, See if you can do a large nugget tray. I would never expect it but, would never feel right myself if I didn't. If you don't want to you need to rethink the time and place for the party.
    Anonymous

• I always make sure there is enough food for everyone
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes you should feed them, also I believe that they do cheap party trays made for adults.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If your having it at your house then yes but any where else like out in the public no. Birth day partys are more for the kids atleast thats how my family has done it like if we go to chucky cheese only the kids get pizza, gift bags ect. and the adults pay for there own.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• whatever I was serving the kids, I'd try to make a slightly more adult version I suppose.

In your case.... that's going to HUGELY change your budget. Bulk/party nugget meals compared to many, many adult meals? Me personally would be prepared to pay if necessary but follow the flow of the other adults there.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• yes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Is this a family party where adults are invited? If so, then YES provide them with food.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010