Potty training question...

My daughter (21 months) started out really excited about the potty, and actually peed numerous times the very first day, the second day, just once, and now she doesn't even want to sit on it. She loves her potty chart, but will only sit and stand right back up just to put the sticker on. I know the excitement and newness has worn off. I have tried very hard to stay exactly how I was that first day... How do I make her love the potty again? Any advice would be appreciated! :)

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter also showed interest at one point, then no interest at all. She is 2 1/2 and began going on the potty chair by herself. I do not force her. I've heard they will use it when they are ready, and I've found that has been true and a LOT less stressful.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You can try playing with her read a book, give her some toys when she sits in the potty. That worked for my DD.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 8:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• TOTALLY agree w/ momov4kids! All 3 of my kids were "trained' right at 3 y/o. It took one day because they were all READY!! We had very few accidents and everyone was happy! Good luck!
    zetta816

Answer by zetta816 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Put her in underwear, provided you can handle accidents without being upset. If you're going to get upset, just wait. Mine are done by 2. My youngst is 18 months, and poops in the potty every time. We have not moved to underwear, I plan to do that about 21 months. She pees once or twice a day, but consistently asks for the potty to poop. I don't really understand the term "ready". I mean, if i just wait until my kids want to do stuff, they never will. I introduce things, and encourage each step of the way. There's no pressure, neither has ever cried about the potty. It's just "here's the potty, it's where your poop and pee go. Let's sit on it! Wooo!"
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010