Hospital Bill

If my boyfriend and I were to get married before I have my baby, and I am fully covered for any hospital bills, etc. Would he still have to pay half the hospital bill if we were married? We had a baby already and he did pay his half already for that one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am a bit confused, if you have insurance that covers your care then he wouldn't have to pay half the bills, and truly he shouldn't have to cover half the bills since they are for your care, but he can if he would like to as help. I might be confused so if you could explain better that would help.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• if your covered, your covered. whether you are married or not
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.. Re word?
    Anonymous

• My insurance stops if I get married. So you might not be covered at all.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Every WOMAN is covered when pregnant by the state of Wisconsin... But the father still pays half the hospital bill and any court costs, but i heard only if we weren't married that was the case... but I wasn't 100% sure...
    Anonymous

• I think that is for when the pregnant woman and her bf are disputing costs and stuff but don't quote me.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It depends. If you are married and the insurance stops, it wouldnt really matter who's half is who's. when your married, you are both responsible for the debt. If your covered even when your married, then all your BOTH responsible for is the co-pay, prescriptions ect.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 9:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If you are planning on getting married anyway and the baby will be covered 100% if you do, I would do it that way :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Are you on Government medical coverage?? If you are your bf will have to pay half of it...even if u get married I think he will still owe that half. Your question was confusing so I wasnt sure if this is the type of insurance you have.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 11:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010