sooo tired

Is thier a way I can get tested for sleep apnea for free? I feel dead tired during the day all day not every day but a lot of times its bad today I was at work trying to clean a house and just felt like laying down and going to sleep. Also I noticed when I lay downwards and in a flat position I get really dizzy. So not sure what thats all about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• you mean you don't have any insurance? Go to your county, call a health clinic at your local hospital if you don't have any. Either of those should be able to guide you with insurance.

My husband has severe sleep apnea. He's stopped breathing over 90 times in two hours in one of his tests.

Your symptoms could be anything and possibly apnea. I think you should get to a doctor for a good complete checkup.

If you don't have insurance call clinics at hospitals around you, call your county, call your state, call hosptials' social services for help in getting care at hospitals clinics.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I doubt it's sleep apnea - I have a lot of experience with it and there's be more to it. It could be a number of things - low iron, thyroid levels out of whack, blood sugar issues, heart problem, etc. Definitely make a regular dr's appointment and get a good once over - and don't downplay your symptoms - they need to know what to check/test for. But no, you won't get a sleep test done for free.
    Anonymous