Does anyone know Ga alimoney laws?

I am thinking about getting a divorce after married more than 25 years. I live in Ga. and my husband says I will get only about 1 year of alimony. I have stayed at home and he has taken VERY good care of me financially, but I CAN NOT bear to live with him anymore. Has anyone out there had a divorce in Ga? Did you get a good settlement or did you get years of alimony? There are no children involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Google it. I can't imagine it only being one year. It's usually until you remarry or get a job and can take care of yourself. but even with that he'd have to pay for your education to get a career field and go to work.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Here is what is considered when deciding alimony:

1. duration of marriage
    2. dependent spouse's work history
    3. dependent spouse's education
    4. dependent spouse's ability to rejoin the work force
    5. previous stay-at-home parent or home maker status
    6. financial capacity of supporting spouse

Basically if you do not have a degree, have been out of the work force for several years, were a home maker for 25 years, and he makes plenty of money, you'll get alimony. You may have conditions with it. You'll need a lawyer. Your husband will say anything to keep you from divorcing him. It's so much cheaper for him to stay married than get divorced.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I got divorced in Dakalb county. PM me if you want info on a few lawyers.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010