Stinky kid

Seeing as I bathe my son every other day,I don't know the answer to this.How long does it take for a child to not be bathed before they become stinky? You know that unwashed smell? My niece and nephew(7 and 5) have this smell everytime I see them.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think for a boy that plays hard and gets dirty, they need to bathe every day or so, exp in the summer when they're outside sweating. I think your niece & nephew would have to go days and days until getting to the point that you can smell them in the winter. :(
    Anonymous

• depending on how active they are and how often they go outside. anywhere between 3-7days.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Some kids are just stinky. LOL Most people have a natural "smell". Some are stronger than others. I wash my kids every day and my older son (6) always smells like chicken nuggets and the baby smells like oatmeal. So it might not have anything to do with them not being bathed, it might be their natural smell you're picking up on.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• OP- no,its the smell of unwashed hair and bodies.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• well i wash my kids everyday, and my oldest son has strong armpit odor and has to wear deoderant since he was 3. also, they might not wash their hair everyday and sometimes if you're sweating alot that can smell a bit funky but some people if you wash the hair too much it becomes brittle and dry
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Depends....my kids shower everyday, sometimes more than once a day for my daughter, and they still stink if they miss one day. Some people just have a stronger natural odor than others
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Well, my oldest could go weeks and not smell, except his feet, they are smelly like his daddy's...but he gets bathed every other day..no more than every 2 days...he has eczema...so he shouldn't bathe everyday, especially in the winter, it irritates his skin...however, my youngest who I bathe every single day, stinks like BO every day..he is 7mo and smells bad..he's a fat boy and I guess he sweats alot...he gets a bath every day because of the smell and he wears a cranial remolding helmet and the care instructions state that he has to have his hair washed everyday and clean the helmet with antibacterial soap and warm water everyday to prevent bacteria
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If my son doesnt get his shower everyday he smells...his hair especially...his head sweats terrible and his pillow case gets changed everyday...it could be the bedding isnt getting changed which could give them an odor if sleeping in dirty beds after a shower??
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010