How long did it take to have regular periods again?

My son will be 9 months on the 3rd. I stopped breastfeeding At the end of Dec and I have had 1 period since.... I believe it was the 3rd week of Jan.... I thought I should have had another period by now... I to a HPT and it was neg.... is this normal or should I go get checked out?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it takes awhile for them to get back to normal if you didn't get a period while nursing, but i would say if you don't get it by next month go see the dr.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• well i didnt bf for that long so it could be different but about 4wks after i stopped bfing ( which was only about 3wks ) medical reasons .. anyways i got 4wks after it was earlier then normal in the beginning of the month and now im on my 3rd period and it's pretty much back on track towards the end of the month but i guess it's different for everyone so wait a little longer and if you miss it go in other wise dont worry too much
    Anonymous

• Not sure, I stopped nursing about 2 weeks ago. DS is 6 mo. I guess we will see...
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It can take months to get back to a regular schedule. Go ahead and test, but you're pretty normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2010