milk supply issue and spit up question

I have EBFed for 4 months with no issues and now I have barely no milk..my baby wasnt peeing and was screaming after feeding so i started taking fenugreek and breastfed every hour for 3 days, i still take the fenugreen 2 pills 3x a day but i still have barely any milk so my baby is on mostly formula threw out the day..what could be wrong and is it possible to reverse it? I tried so hard,feeding EVERY hour day and night for 3 days with fenugreek and nothing changed..
also she spits up formula seriously 20 times a day give or take a few...is there a formula that will help with this until i can get my milk back up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well the formla will not help you get your milk back. you need to have your baby to breast alot. andwhat makes you think that you have spply issues? how were the dipes? are you taking any new meds or bc?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Call her pediatrician and talk to them about the formula issues. If she wasn't peeing then you weren't producing enough milk. Sometimes it happens. You could go to your regular doctor and tell them about your milk supply issues. It's possible that are one of the many women that can't produce/sustain a milk supply for long.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• if she isnt getting enough, i wont let her starve..ill put her to breast for a while then give her a bottle..i know im not making enough because her diaper was staying dry all day..i had mirena put in 6 weeks after her birth and get it taken out next week because we suspected that to be the issue but we dont know because i just started having this problem
    Anonymous

• okay, if her dipes werent good i understand. it more than likely is the bc. i had mirena and breastfed for over a year withot issue but my doctor said that it could affect supply. so hopeflly when you get that out your milk will come back. just when you feed her the formla put her to yourbreast first and see if she can get anything..and so she doesnt forget how to eat from your breast once yor milk comes back.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Lots of skin to skin contact, only give the formula AFTER you have nursed and if the baby isnt allergic to milk then try nestle goodstart it is easier on their tummys, if the baby is milk sensitive you can try allimentum. Talk to the babys doctor, and contact your OB. THey might be able to give you a Script for Reglan that will increase your milk by 60%. It has bad side effects on some and some it dosent bother. Talk to your OB.
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh, good luck! I have been in your shoes so I know how stressful it is.
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 10:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Keep in mind that the dipe count does diminish over time. Six a day is what yu're looking for, and they only have to be as wet as four TB water poured in.

Nursing more is what's needed. If you want to kkeep up the supplements, only give them through a supplemental nursing system.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Have you talked to someone from LLL in your area? http://www.drjacknewman.com/  is also a good resource.  It has info on the SNS too.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010