Would you ever put your little boy/girl in a beauty pageant.

why or why not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, its a local one here at our community center and she asked to because someone asked her if she was in it. I wouldnt do all the Glitz and Glam big time pageants though. To me its too much money time and stress. Just my opinion!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• no. because your positive reinforcement is mostly about looks, and that shouldn't be what you get praise for, because looks fade.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• No. I don't think my girls would have wanted to be in a Pageant...and my son NEVER. LOL. They have other talents and too much going for them in the brains department. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I only do the one here because every girl gets a crown and they have so many categories everybody wins something! It's simple and fair. There is nothing fancy about it. You are required to dress your child in play clothes.

I agree sandypops... it took us a minute to agree to let her do our local one.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LindaLu -- just because someone is pretty or in pageants doesnt mean they are lacking in the brain dept.
    Anonymous

• HELL NO !
    Anonymous

• No way! I especially hate when parents/grandparents put make up on their little girls just to win those stupid things.. I literally want to punch those people in the face!
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I used to think so... but knowing what they are really all about, absolutely not.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2010