PArtial Custody NO BASHING!!!

My daughters father has visitation and recently took me back to court for more time with our daughter he wants her almost everyday and the weekend... so not fair... Im pregnant and my daughter has been acting up in school I ask her dad to be more proactive in helping me to rectify the situation since he only has her every weekend. Her excuse for misbhaving is that he didnt show up to school when he said he would or that she wants her dad. I dont mind him getting her during the week but i am NOT willng to give him partial custody i fought him for two yrs for sole custody after he tried to take her away from me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I Have offered more time during the week but he wont take it UNLESS i agree to partial custody! Im nt trying to keep her to myself im trying to keep from fighting and arguing with him in front of her no matter what i do its never right. He rude and disrespectful he calls me out of my name in front of her. He used to pick her up from school and then return her to school the following morning during the week but recently found out my pregnancy and now he wont come see her during the week unless I give him partial custody! I let her call him a min. 3times a week.
    Anonymous

• I thought it was cuz i was pregnant (jealousy)she was acting up but it has been continualy getting worse and im only 4 months
    Anonymous

• KICK HIS ASS !
    Anonymous

• She needs to understand that there is a time for expressing her feelings and getting into trouble to get his attention isn't the best way to handle it. Maybe tell her if she is good for two days in a row she gets to call daddy when she gets home. If wanting him is her excuse, then make it a reward. No partial custody is probably not the answer.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Ok, I know you've heard this a million times, but here goes: it's not about YOU, it's about your daughter. Why not settle for him seeing her a couple of weeknights per week, for a few hours each time? They could work on homework together, and he could help her with her homework.

You have to remember that she isn't just YOUR child. He is her father, and if he wants more time with her, you shouldn't try to prevent it. Unless you're concerned about not receiving child support or something.

Like I said, try to work out a compromise. But don't use your daughter like some sort of pawn. She's not a possession you get to keep on your mantle piece. GL.
    Anonymous