I'm 16 weeks and measuring 18 weeks..what does that mean?

I went to my midwife appointment today and she said that I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of what I should be. This is my 3rd pregnancy and this has never happened before. Anyone else experience this? Does this mean I'm having twins or just a big baby?

blessingx3

Asked by blessingx3 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It happened to me before It could be just a big baby.. My daughter ended up only being 5lbs 3oz in the end though
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It means nothing. Even if it was actually 18 weeks what is 2 weeks difference?
    Anonymous

• It means nothing. You could have a little more fluid than normal. Also, you can get two different measurements on the same day, because every doctor and nurse measures a little different.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Maybe your due date is wrong? Maybe your Midwife is guessing? Do you have an OB?
    Anonymous

• happened to me... he came two weeks "early" ;)
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Nothing. Fundal height measurements are good for measuring a growth pattern, but shouldn't be used to date a pregnancy since they can change with baby's position and other factors.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010