Is there a sippy cup designed to help transition from a bottle?

I have looked online but there are several. Any suggestion on which ones are the best? My sister is in college so I have her daughter several times a week and the doctor says I need to get her off the bottle. She just hit a year old. My sister is so busy and I am trying to help.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 10:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nuby and fisher price both have cups that are silicone top but function on a pressure and suction action. From there you can go to the nuby flip top cups that have a straw that works on pressure and suction. These are the only ones that I have found that truly do not leak. I have used several as well as friends who have tried others. These straw cups have saved my carpet. By the way the fisher price cups don't leak as much as the nuby ones do and you can get them cheaper at dollar general.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Nuby brand, which has the silicone type thing like a bottle would have
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LOL I dont know what that "thing" is called
    LuvsDanika

• Born Free bottles have a transition type nipple...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• There is a sippy that DS really liked.. I can't remember what it is called. It looks like a sports bottle, almost, or a tumbler sippy, not a short fat one. The top is silicone, like a nipple, but it is shaped like a sippy, and the silicone rests inside a ring, just like a bottle. They are awesome! The only problem is, DS would stick his finger through the silicone hole in the top. Until he figured that out, it worked wonders. Now he has transitioned to a regular hard topped sippy.

Hopefully this makes some sense.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 11:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I used the Nuby ones with handles when my DD was 6 months old and had absolutely no problems switching her. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We started with the Nuby ones also when my son was 6 months. Once he was 13-14 months he started to chew on the tops, so we switched to the hard spouts, but by that point he knew what to do with a sippy.

Answer by missanc at 9:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My son threw the ones with handles for some reason, but i know that is what most parents start with. I tried 3 different brands of the soft spout (silicone) tops. They were really hard to suck on- i tried it =). We struggled for weeks. SO I tried the normal sippy cups that were easier to hold-- like the lil' gripper spout cup by playtex. In my experience, this worked the best.
    BLB329

Answer by BLB329 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i just saw a sippy cup at walmart that was like a 3 stage sippy cup to help transitioning im not sure what brand it was brand it was but it looked like it owuld work
    maddiesmommy108

Answer by maddiesmommy108 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2010