Seperation Anxiety/Teething

My son is 10 months old and he's going through stages... a LONG stage of fussiness and a LONG stage of crying when anyone walks out of the room even though we're still in his sights. Has anyone else gone through this? He's been fussy on a daily basis because of his teeth and he just seems to want to be held. It's stressful. I feel so bad for him. Not sure if there's anything I can do to help him get through the seperation anxiety either. It's amazing though how in public he's so much easier and not fussy at all.

monkeysma86

Asked by monkeysma86 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is doing that. I cannot leave the room without he screaming. For the teething, there is great teething tablets that are sold just about anywhere. I wouldn't go with tylenol since they are now suspecting that to be associated with autism. As for separation anxiety, theres not much. I just take her everywhere with me which is very difficult.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You're so lucky that he's good in public! I'd say go out more often! Haha. My DS is 6 months and teething and doing the exact same thing, every time i leave the room he cries, and his teeth are hurting him horribly so like between 4-7 PM he's just so upset...I don't think there is anything you can do about the anxiety thing, just know that it will pass, that's what gets me through every day...the teething thing, well, teething tablets and baby orajel have been a life saver personally.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Well if you guys are going through it too I don't feel as bad. Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. Good Luck with the little ones.
    monkeysma86

Answer by monkeysma86 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010