Is it just me???

Recently we have found others are discriminating against us due to how we live. . .ORGANIC. . .we have had lots of people treat us differently for this. . . I did not ever think this to be a problem but apparently there are people who think poorly about organics. . eating them and living green. . .
Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes. They don't say much about the food, but my family almost had me committed when I would not let them put sunscreen on my baby!
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I don't live organically in many places in my life, sometimes I feel it's a little bit out there for me, personally, but I would never judge you because you are living a certain way. I hope you can ignore the people that harass you because of it, cause they are ignorant and single minded! Sorry your having so much trouble! xoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I do not live to the degree you do, but I notice when I'm looking for antibiotic free meat and preservative free products that yes people think I'm crazy.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You shouldn't care what they think of you.
    You should be secure enough to not worry about it I think.
    Just my .02, but if folks have issues with you, tell them to mind their own business!
    mum1234

Answer by mum1234 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I understand even if you are secure it can be frustrating and confusing. . . I mean why be judgmental over it, I mean it is not like you are making them go green or anything. . . their choices their life as well as your choices your life. . . But it can be frustrating and hurtful at times I am sure. . . People can be mean.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 10:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It's your life style, and obviously it works for you. So why do you care so much about what someone elses thinks?
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• you might not care what others think, Mom_of_2_boyz87, however it doesn't change that it might be frustrating. . . AND confusing. . .
    Anonymous

• I think people feel like you guys look down on people who do not do organic..Like you are some how a better Mom or person in general and regular living is beneath you..I try to buy organic fruits and veggies for my kids but sometimes it gets expensive..

Anonymous

• I don't look down on those who don't do organic. . . it is their choice. . . mine is for my DD who can't eat other foods. . .she has to be organic due to her health. . .and all of my family thinks we are nuts-o because we don't let non-organics into our home. . .Food, cleaners or otherwise. . .ALL HAS to be organic FOR US, but that is our choice.
    Anonymous

• I just went Vegan and I get those "why the hell would you do that" reactions from people. I usually just say something like "well why the hell would you eat something as disgusting as a cow." Shuts them up every time.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2010