question 7 weeks after c section?

I have been realy dizzy and im still having some pains in my tummy also.. Even both of my sides are hurting.. Is this normal? How long does it take to heal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• best to get it checked out, some tenderness or numbness is normal, but not if it hinders your daily life. Dizziness can be low blood sugar if you get up quickly. You need to remember you just had major abdominal surgery. I know they say pregnancy isn't an illness and giving birth is a natural process, but a Csec takes it out of that realm. You will take a good three months for all the muscles and layers of skin to fully heal, Drs recommend not lifting anything heavier than the baby for the first 6 wks, and in Aust you are not covered by insurance if you drive in the first 6 wks. There is a reason for that! So at 7 wks, you should only be doing light duties, minimal lifting, and still resting as much as possible.
    Take Care of yourself, your baby needs you
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• did you go to your 6wk checkup and bring this up? i don't remember any of that. call the doc, drink lots of water too, you're probly dehydrated.
    Anonymous

• The pains in the tummy and sides are normal. My 3rd baby is almost 8 months old and my scar area is still sensitive. (Inner and outer scar.) Like if I lean over a table that is the same height as my scar it will be tender. as far as actual pain, it should be better within a few weeks.

The dizziness isn't really normal. It's most likely 1 of 2 things: low iron or low sugar. Try taking extra iron to see if that helps. Or try drinking orange juice for the low sugar and see if that helps. If not, you should probably call your doc and schedule an appt.

Good luck and congratulations on the new baby!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• my son is 15 months and my scar is still sore when I touch it. i remember my sides hurting but I don't remember any dizzy spells. mention it to your doctor. are you breastfeeding? you may not be eating well enough if you're bf and dizzy. gl
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• have a blood test done to mke sure there isn't any infection from something the doctors may have left behin after surgery...........i was exactly the same....afetr a day of being dizzy i came down with a fever and had the bleeding start over again..........u should go to ur GP asap to make sure everything is allright......tell him/her to check if there is a womb infection
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• For honestly the first month i could hardly even stand up straight..i had to sleep in an almost sitting position, it was just so sore. I only had 2 dizzy spells and it was because i hardly ate anything and was moving around to much. but if your having it to the point where it effects your daily life id see your gyno asap. its been over 2 years since i had my DS and the right side of my scar is still numb i have no feeling, the doc told me id prolly never get feeling there. dont do more then lifting your baby and try to avoid the stairs as much a possible. it is a major surgery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• It took me about that long to heal I think, but definitely let your doctor know and be specific about your pain and other issues so they can be sure to check things out....and if you feel like something isn't right you should go back in.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2010