Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

I know it's not a big deal, and I probably shouldn't be offended, but when I took my son to the doctor today, hoping to get a reflux test done I told her he cries 90% of the day. She responded with "Can't you get someone to watch him so you can get a break?" I got kind of offended. I don't WANT someone to watch him, I LOVE spending time with regardless of him crying or not. The reason I took him there is because he was in OBVIOUS pain, and as any mother knows, it hurts to see your child screaming all the time, not because I was getting "fed up". I'm also pretty ticked that she wouldn't give him the test, "because he doesn't spit up." So then I said, well what about silent reflux? She answered with one more excuse as to why he wouldn't have it. She also said WIC wouldn't pay for the formula we found that actually WORKS because it's not Enfamil, but on the WIC site, it says they will if the doc prescribes it. Ugh, I'm FED UP.

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like it is time for a new doc. What she is saying is absolutely untrue, about the reflux, and the formula. Stand up for your kid, like it sounds like you are already doing. Get a second opinion.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Time to switch Peds!!!!! She doesn't sound like she's wanting to even listen to you. I'd be upset too. Tell her she's giving him the test...wether she wants to or not...you want it done. Doctors don't know everything. If it comes out fine, then at least that's one more thing ruled out!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Wow, I would be annoyed too. That was pretty presumptuous of her to think you were stressed for yourself and not for your baby's welfare. I definitely agree with the previous posters. Find a new doctor.............this one sucks hiney hole.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Time for a new doctor. This one obviously doesn't meet your families' needs.
    Anonymous

• get a new doc, but she's right about the formula. my dd needed Enfamil, the kind WIC pays for here is Similac, and after 4 doctors notes they still didn't approve it. my ds had reflux, and the doc didn't test him. just said he had it and gave me some info on what i could do at home. worked like a charm. he didn't cry all the time though, it was mainly spitting up alot. get a new doc and see if it's something else.
    Anonymous

• That SUCKS that your pedi is treating you that way! I'm sorry - I would be pissed!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010