height and weight

People say my 1 year old is small for her age 19.6lbs and 30in and that my 3 year old is big for her age 36 and a half in and 37lbs... What age height and weight are your kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• my 1 year old boys are around the same size. i've been told they're small too, but my ped said as long as they're growing, it doesn't matter how fast or if they're keeping up with the average. It's a bad thing if thier growth slows down so much, that they don't gain weight or height.
    My daughter is also big for her age too :) All I can say is every child is different!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My 20 month old daughter is about 22 lbs and is 32 inches tall. She's TALL for her age, but she's only in the 5th percentile for her weight.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My 19 month old daughter is 33 1/4 inches tall and 26lbs. It's bizarre really, because 6 months ago she was short and fat for her age and now she is tall and average in weight. Lucky lady......got taller (4 inches) and thinner in only 6 months! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My youngest will be 19 months next week- she is 18 lbs and 29.5" tall. The ped keeps telling me that she needs to gain weight- great, how???She eats ALL THE TIME!!! She climbs on everything, runs, and burns it off faster than she puts it on!

My oldest is 4 and she is 37" tall and a whopping 34 lbs. She was adopted from China at 17 months and was 20 lbs and 29" when we met her.

Both of my girls are going to be tiny. I hate buying clothes for them.. Dd #1 wears 5T shirts and 3Tpants for length and 4T shorts...DD#2 wears 12-18 month shirts, sweaters and pants are a nightmare due to the length. 12 month length is perfect, but they fall off of her in the waist, but anything smaller and it's too short and tight. Sigh..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• They both sound average to me. Small for their age would be my oldest daughter. At 1 she was a measly 18lbs. She didn't hit 20lbs until she was 18 months and at 2 was still 20lbs. When she started kindergarten she was 32lbs and 39" tall (5 years old). She'll be 10 this summer and is 4' tall and 45-50lbs.
    My youngest will be 4 in April and she's about 42" tall and 35-37lbs. She's kind of tall for her age and is wearing 5 slim pants from the girls section already. The clothes she is wearing are the same clothes my oldest wore to kindergarten and 1st grade.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My oldest daughter is in the 90th precintile and my youngest is in the 25th precintile! My 3 year old wears 4t for the length in pants but they are huge in the waist. My youngest is probably 6 months in the waist but is 12 months in length. If you saw my 1 year old you would think she was tiny she is so small people think she is like 10 months old. The Dr mar a joke the other day and said she was to little to be walking...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010