Is this unusual behavior?

I am a preschool teacher and it was my week to take home the class hamster. Wouldn't you know it on my week, the hamster dies! It was my obligation to now take care of burying him, but where? So, in conversation, I casually ask my boyfriend- a grown 30 yo man, what his thoughts are as to where to bury our fury little friend. Out of his mouth came- "I've never dealt with anything like this before, my ex wife will know what to do, let me get in touch with her and I will get back to you." I was stunned to say the least. How can a grown man have that come out of his mouth!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You asked him a question and he answered it for you...He said he knew someone who would know where to bury it. I don't see a problem.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LOL....
    Anonymous

• Why was this odd for you? What was childish about it? I say childish because the "grown man" phrase makes it seem like its something an adult man shouldnt say. I agree with Sara...he just answered the question.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LMAO are you serious!!??!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You put it in a little plastic bag or box and bury it..Or just throw it in the woods or trash..Just use some common sense..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would think what a dumb ass... lol if i was him i would have answered i dont know over this answer
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• lol well I thought this was something important...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Sounds like he thought his ex wife knew alot? I don't know, but it does seem odd that at 30 he hasn't ever dealt with the burial of a pet before, even as a kid.
    Anonymous

• I'm thinking that while he was married to her she didn't like him making decisions and likely brainwashed the poor guy so this is the response he gives when asked to make any decision under any sort of..er...stress?

Lord I have no idea why men do most of the shit they do or say the dumb things they say.... I've known my DH since I was 15 (I'm 33 now) and STILL HAVE NO CLUE what goes on inside his head.... Although I often picture a circus bear on a tiny bike going around and around in circles to that weird circus music...doop doop doodle doodle doop doop doop doop....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i like what allergic said
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010