purple cabbage?

what is the thing with the purple cabbage and the babys gender?i want to do it!lol and how soon can you do it?i want to know how many ppl did it and if it was right to!

twitch

Asked by twitch at 11:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its stupid and it does not work.
    Anonymous

• boil chunks of red cabbage...take a cup of the water you boiled it in and pee in it...if it turns pink its a boy...purple its a girl
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Go to the store and buy a red cabbage. The size of the cabbage does not matter at all.

Step
    2Cut the cabbage into big chunks. The smaller you cut the chunks, the better your results will turn out.

Step
    3Boil some water on the stove and put in the chunks of cabbage.

Step
    4Let the water and cabbage boil for about 10 minutes or so. When the ten minutes is up, remove it from the heat.

Step
    5Grab a cup and go to the bathroom! Pee into the cup.

Step
    6In a separate cup, mix 1 part of your urine to 1 part of the water that the cabbage was boiled in. No need to save the cabbage unless you want to eat it. It's pretty tasty, so you might want to eat it!

Step
    7If the urine/cabbage water turns pink or red then this indicates a boy result! If the urine/cabbage water turns purple, this indicates a girl result
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 11:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I looked that up on bing, I've never tried it but I thought I'd help you out since you were wondering how to do it. =)
    prettylilrae

• didn't i just say that but a lot more simply
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• does it work?
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 12:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm going to try it today! I have seen it on a few other discussion boards and have seen pretty accurate results. I will let you all know how it goes!
    Luvinmycoastie

Answer by Luvinmycoastie at 12:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I just did it and it said girl. Well see in a few weeks if it was right. Just as a little extra fun I mixed some pineapple juice in with some more cabbage water since pinapple is the same color as urine and it turned red, mine was clearly purple. Maybe it does work
    Luvinmycoastie

Answer by Luvinmycoastie at 2:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• ok!let me know!!cause if it does seem to work im so doing it!!lol
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm only 7 weeks so it will be some time. I had 2 other friends do it today, one finds out on monday, and the other finds out in 3 weeks. I will let you know if theirs was correct both of theirs said girl too.
    Luvinmycoastie

Answer by Luvinmycoastie at 11:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2010