What is the harm?

Seriously - consider this...

What happens to the person who doesn't believe in God, doesn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, then gets to the end of their life to find out that there IS a God and your eternity is lost...

And what IF I live my life as though there IS a God, live a good life, give back, live to a higher moral standard... to at the end to find out that there is no God...

Which situation would be worse? Wouldn't it be better to live and believe as though there IS a God and have our eternity secure? I certainly think so!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 11:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You would think. In all logical thinking ((we even discussed this in my logic class in college)) that seems the case. Our teacher was an atheist or agnostic, even though. Lol.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I see your point. I really do.

But the movie angels & demons said it best "Faith is a gift I've yet to receive".
    That's kind of how I feel. I'm not opposed to believing. I just don't.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I haven't accepted anyone as my saviour, I wont and belief is a personal agenda. You don't have to worry about what happens to people who dont believe, they do. So to each their own and what happens after life is for each of us to conquer.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I think if I believed in god and came to find out there isn't one (which in my opinion there isn't) I would be disappointed and pissed off because I couldn't do half this stuff I wanted to because this mythical creature said I had to restrain myself in order to get to some magical kingdom that doesn't exist.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You can't believe, if you don't believe. It's as simple as that. There is a plan that the individuals that do not accept Jesus Christ in this life are able to be taught and accept him in the next.
    I'm just saying lol
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with you...but at the same time, there is no fooling God. You can pretend like you believe in him and pretend like you believe in Jesus Christ just for the sake of hoping if they are real, that you will still get into heaven...but if you really don't deep in your heart, God knows that, and your eternal salvation is still lost. I think you really have to believe it in your heart and soul.
    Anonymous

• What does it hurt to believe in the ways that predates Christianity. I mean if we are going by" What if's".
    Anonymous

• Anon 38: I agree 100%. It just makes me sad that so many people just refuse to open their hearts at all. Our God is an amazing, wonderful and Loving God. There is nothing but freedom in Him!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i was always told that when you die, you have one last chance to be a follower of jesus christ. so i dont really know where that fits in
    Anonymous

• What makes me sad is the arrogance that you believe people can not be happy without your faith. I agree with anon 41, why not go with the belief that is before Christianity. I agree also that if you only believe in ANY faith "just in case" is NOT a true belief. That is not faith that is fear and nothing else.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2010