"U sound really stuck up."

So I'm on this online dating thing..Nothing serious, really. I get this messages saying I sound stuck up and I ask the guy how. His response is "lets see,I have a 2 year old son dont ask about him.do not e-mail me sayn how cute i am.and u 4 you 2 4 too is tha now generation.get with tha times!!!" In my profile it says not to message me if you can't form complete words and don't tell me how much you like redheads or how cute I am (some guys actually think that works). Is that really stuck up? I couldn't give a crap what this idiot thinks and he's the only one that has a problem with it. I guess knowing exactly what I don't want is being stuck up!

And please, no references as to how you think I really am stuck up. The question is does THIS make me seem stuck up.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did online dating. That's actually how I met DH. I wrote a journal post about my top 5 non-negotiable things. I got SO MUCH hate mail.

I'm 5'10.5 so I said "Don't message me if you aren't at least 6'2. And I can tell when I stand next to you in heels how tall you are, so don't think you are slick and lie about it." Well every short guy on the site called me every name in the book.

I also said, "Don't message me if you are unemployed, regardless of the millions you have in the bank." And all these unemployed guys were sending me hate mail.

I don't date broke midgets-- get over it. Block the douche bag. You are not stuck up. You are in search of someone you will actually like. That's called being smart. That guy needs to get a life.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• no, it doesnt sound stuck up,..it sounds kinda cute.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• He sounds like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• Why would you be on a dating site, if you were not interested in dating someone or taking it seriously? Like, that seems like a waste of time and energy....
    PS...I think you do sound a little snotty to be honest. If I were a man I wouldn't waste my time even talking to you.
    Anonymous

• It's an online dating service and you are telling people not to message you about how cute you are? That kind of is like saying
    "I am here but not really interested". I am not saying you are stuck up but I can see how that would come off as maybe being disinterested.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh yes, because I want someone educated and who knows how to spell and not be lazy-I'm stuck up! And I said not to message me saying how cute I am. There's a difference between those being the first things you ever say to me and saying "your beautiful" later on.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• How about stating things about yourself & what you are looking for in a man instead of a list of "dont do this" & "dont do that". Who wants the first thing they hear from you to be a bunch of rules & regulations? If you dont like any responses you get..as in, if they break your "code" just delete them. You dont have to answer anyone you dont want contact with. But you also need to present yourself in an approachable manner....what you are saying is, more like "Stay away from me".
    Anonymous

• I think she is simply stating what kind of man she wants......NOthing wrong with that why waist your time with the kind of man that you are not into
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010