Breastfeeding ?

Anyone else experience excessive thirst while breastfeeding?

marilyp

Asked by marilyp at 11:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to get in the habit of having a drink every time you feed, getting dehydrated can really interrupt your milk supply, so if you want to keep feeding, keep drinking.
    Hugs
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yes
    Anonymous

• No...but I was always told, drink a glass of water before you breastfeed and/or drink while your breastfeeding so you know your getting enough liquids to replace the ones that are leaving you! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You need to drink more water.
    Anonymous

• YES! EVERY time I sat down to nurse I go SOOOOO thirsty! I learned to always have a glass of water or juice ready for me when I went to nurse. It's normal. Just make sure to have something to drink handy :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I did drink more water while breastfeeding. I pretty much always carried a very large mug of ice water around with me after labor and it stayed with me for the duration of breastfeeding.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah. Everytime I feed my DD I down a bottle of water in seconds because I get so thirsty.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sometimes.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Whenever I pee, I go immediately to get a glass of water to be sure I'm hydrating.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• It is your body telling you that you need to drink more when breastfeeding. Some people will tell you that you need to drink X ounces of water every day to produce enough milk when in reality your body has already taken care of things and you just need to "drink to thirst".
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010