HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE CALLED BY GOD TO DO SOMETHING?

I am apart of the networking group called The Lady and Her Legacy. The group basically( in a nutshell) Empowers women and help find there purpose and help women build a legacy through christian beliefs. During one of the conferences we had, all of a sudden I stood up in front of the group and told them that I wanted to speak the word of God to people and speak favor and blessings into peoples lives, and uplift, motivate, and empower people. and I've never had that desire to do that.
Recently, I just started going back to church FAITHFULLY. I know it's too early to recieve a calling. i was wondering if It was God Telling me that so I can start planting a seed and getting prepared or is it me?

PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVICE!

pinx_graphics

Asked by pinx_graphics at 11:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I can tell you a story the pastor of my church told me...this is how he knew he was where he was meant to be.
    While alone in his office at the church, he heard some faint noises coming from the bell tower. He blew it off at first but the noises didn't stop. So he got up from his desk and climbed up into the tower. There he found a white dove just sitting. He opened the side, the dove looked at him, and flew out. He said he had never seen a white dove in person, EVER in his life, and he had never seen one since.
    That's how he knew that what he was doing, was God's calling.
    Anonymous

• Usually when you have a strong desire to do something, you should ask Heavenly Father through prayer if this is what he wants you to do. Ask Him how you should go about it, and ask for and to seek out expiriences in your life to help you do what he is asking you to do.
    I think personal revelation is a powerful thing, but through prayer and study.
    As for "calling"....I think people are just meant to do things in thier lives, and it doesn't have to be huge or extravagant, but it's the small things you do everyday that helps people.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I firmly believe that there are times we are sent a strong urging to do something, something that must be done in the moment without delay. Those are times we must trust God and step out in faith. Then there are gentle nudges we get and we are not sure that must be prayed about and tested with scriptures. Both are opportunities for our spiritual growth as well as the growth of others.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010