4m old "standing" on sides of feet....

my ds loves to put weight on his feet when he's on my lap. we've noticed that he doesn't put his feet flat but stands on the outsides of his feet. is this typical for a baby that hasn't gotten near the standing milestone? he's going to have his 4 month well baby checkup next tuesday and i'm wondering if this is something that should be taken seriously.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just ask. I'm pretty sure because they haven't developed thier muscles in their feet yet, that it will correct in time. But in the mean time, if you want to, just try to place his feet flat and put his weight on them like that....he'll get into habit eventually.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Oh don't worry, my DS used to do the same thing, you just have to make sure that he doesn't put weight on his feet that way, it's bad for him to do that, so just correct his feet and then he will learn the right way to stand and just eventually stand the right way.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think it's normal at that age. It should straighten out on it's own. Ask your pedi at your next check-up.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my ds puts his weight on the tips of his feet and toes but im sure it is normal just let the doc know they will tell you if you should be worried or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010