for moms who have children of different races...

ex. -- 1 white child, 1 black child...or 2 asian children and 1 mexican child.....

do people ever assume that you are taking care of someone else child/children ... does it kind of "amaze" you that you had these children, and how they can look so different....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• One time my older daughter (she's white) showed a picture of her little sisters to someone at school (they're half mexican) & the girl asked her if they were adopted. lol My daugther said, "Uh, no, they're mexican. I have a different dad then they do!". When she came home & told me that she added "Mom, people sure say the dumbest stuff dont they?"
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I am hispanic and my daughter is very light, blue eyes, light hair... people always used to think I was her nanny...now that she is older her features are becoming more like mine though thank goodness!!
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 12:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• its really just people having the mindset of a woman having children by one man. which can you blame them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i know a woman who is black and her husband is white with blonde hair and blue eyes. their daughter came out just like her dad, blonde straight hair with blue eyes, but she looks more like her mom. people think she's the nanny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• What is that suppose to mean anon :57? After I got divorced, I didnt plan on marrying again let alone to a man who had no children but that is how it worked out. So now we have two daughters. Why is that so hard for someone to understand? Are you implying that there is something wrong with remarrying after divorce & having more children with your new husband? I didnt just run out & have random kids with random men! (and really even if I did its nobody's busness)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm black. My 1st kid was with a mixed guy, she is only slightly fairer than me. 2nd kid with someone much darker than me but son is also fairer than me. So they look very much like bro and sis. Now I have a 1 year old with a white man (1/2 german 1/2 polish) so baby looks really white. We live in a mostly white neighborhood, so people HAVE even asked me if I was her nanny. When she was a newborn and I carried her in the snugli, people would see her little white legs dangling down and give me the craziest looks. It was especially funny how they looked at me when I nursed her. Now I'm preggers with 2nd with the white man. He says since the 1st one looks so white, our 2nd one will look completely black. I told him it doesn't really work like that. But who knows, I have no idea. This is my 1st time having a 2nd kid by the same man. I'm excited to see how he/she will look.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My parents adopted kids, and took in a lot of foster kids, so I grew up in a multi-racial family. Yeah, we got A LOT of strange looks walking around town, initially.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2010