Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

For the past year or so I've had a horrible time sleeping and it's really starting to affect my life. I get maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. When I try to go to bed I absolutely can't fall asleep no matter what I try. I either don't feel tired or I can't stop thinking. The only thing I haven't tried is taking any sort of medication. I'm scared that if I take something then I won't wake up if my daughter needs me in the night (she's 16 mo. old). Does this qualify as insomnia? It's really annoying and I feel awful most days because I'm tired and I'm probably not being the best mommy I can be because of it. Any mommies with babies who take something to help them sleep? If so, what medication works best for you? Thanks!

Bears.Mommy

Asked by Bears.Mommy at 1:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have heard of people using melatonin to regulate sleep. Its not a sleeping pill. I have not tried it but a guy at my husband's work said his whole family takes it including one of his younger kids & it has really helped them sleep better & longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I am the same way. I can't get to sleep either. I also have the problem of sleeping backwards in the winter. I wont be able to go to sleep until 9 am and then I sleep til about noon or one. people thing I am lazy because I am in bed all day, but it is less sleep than most people get.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I haven't slept in years. Your body adjusts.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Lately I always find myself still up at 4am ... And that point I have to literally force myself to go to sleep cuz I get up at 8am to take my son to school.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2010