I have a 9 year old girl ...

I have a 9 year old girl and I found out she was taking pictures of herself in her swim suit for guys online? I already banned her from the computer FOR A VERY LONG TIME... but any one else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have been letting my daughters use the computer for several years now. I do not have a parent block on because I am always watching what they are doing. Our computer is in the family room. My daughter is very good with a computer. When she was 10 she made me a visual Christmas list with the computer. She found what she wanted and downloaded it to a file she called Christmas List. I was stunned, she said now I know exactly what she wants she even specified colors. I am not surprised though because she always watches me on the computer and asks questions. My guess would be she has picked this up from television. Sex is everywhere whether we want to admit it. Maybe one of her friends have a older sister and her friend said we should do this. Talk to her and see where she is getting this from. Most 9 years old do not do this but if exposed to it they will see it as not wrong. Good luck.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 11:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• OMG NO! and I would be seriously wondering where she got the idea that, that is ok. and also who gave her that kind of Internet access?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Ohhhhhhhh, it's not time to blame. Kids are not stupid, they naturally copy grown ups. Just talk to ur girl, try to make her understand, and leave it. It's not the end of the world, just make sure it won't happen again. If u keep nagging about it, it will just make her more curious.
    nevena73

Answer by nevena73 at 3:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm not blaming her, I was just asking. Besides there are ways to keep a child out of a comp, no matter how smart they are. Their not psychic

Ohhhhhhhh, it's not time to blame. Kids are not stupid, they naturally copy grown ups. Just talk to ur girl, try to make her understand, and leave it. It's not the end of the world, just make sure it won't happen again. If u keep nagging about it, it will just make her more curious.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No - my daughter is 8 1/2 and she would have no idea how to use a digital camera, or download them onto the computer!

Answer by missanc at 10:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2010