• In the Spotlight:

how long did you feel sad, leaving your kids

I have been blessed to be able to be a SAHM, and my youngest has gone off to school this year. I have returned to study nursing.
My problem is, I miss my 5 yr old terribly. She did go to kindergarten last year, but this year on two days I leave her at 8.30 and don't see her til 5.30pm I realise this is the reality for many Moms. How do you cope, what do you say to yourself. I know she is safe and she needs to be at school, but I really miss being with her. It's so much harder than I thought. I know it is silly, but I'm just struggling today.

myheartx4

Asked by myheartx4 at 2:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am a sahm and my son this year is in school full time he is 5.... It never goes away I miss him the whole day I would love to be his shadow..lol I get soo excited when it is time to pick him up from school it is crazy!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I work outside the home and miss him SO much, but what his school gives him, he will use and learn and grow from much more than I am able to give him ( that is what I tell myself ) it also will hopefully help him with the painful shyness me and my husband both suffer from and as soon as he started going, his verbal skills improved dramatically... it still is hard almost everyday.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• how long did I feel sad, when leaving my kids---Until I pick them up again!!---Therefore I don't leave them---unless I have to, yes I work full time!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• she is at school, so it isn't me leaving her for no reason, I am just used to having her here with me, and by the end of the school day, I'm like an eager puppy, I can't wait to see her. I know she is safe, and happy,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2010