my husband gets irritated that I stay up all night online, should I care what he thinks?

I know it is important to be considerate of your spouses feelings and all but I am wide awake at night...cannot sleep no matter what I take!! it sucks but I can only be online because it is a small house and it is a quiet activity.
He watches TV all day and does nothing ( he is layed off ).
I eventually will sleep at around 5 am, get up at 10 then proceed to clean the house and care for our son. Sure hubby gets up with our son but all he does for him is turn on cartoons and give juice. He is 5 yrs old and not in school yet.
So why do I care that it irritates him that I'm still online at 2 am when he gets up to check on me. It's not like we are going to have sex....I only wish! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I can't sleep either. My husband enjoys throwing the fact that I am up late on the computer in my face when we fight. I don't know what the hell else I am supposed to do when I can't sleep and am lonely. We don't even sleep in the same bed so it's not like he's missing out on anything with me not in there with him (like I'd be able to sleep with him hogging the bed and snoring like a grizzly bear...whatever). I work, I take care of my kids, and he can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. He does whatever he wants so I refuse to let him dictate what I do with MY time.
    Tell your husband to piss off and get the hell over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well i kno what ur goin' threw my man is the same way...but u kno what i do i let it go threw one ear and out the other lol.Just do what ur gut tells u 2 do.
    beckypecky

Answer by beckypecky at 2:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Mine gets irritated too. I go to bed around 2 or 3 most nights and get up at 7. I think mine doesn't trust me. Sometimes he will hang over my shoulder when I'm online late at night to keep an eye on what I'm doing. It makes me feel like a child when he does that. So far, I haven't given in to his wishes for me to go to bed earlier and I don't plan to anytime soon! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• This is the op----- my husband crashes around 9 pm and feels like I should too. His last wife was doing naughty things online and so he still carries that around inside of him. If I get even remotely secretive he gets mad about and will be throwing it at me for days about how i'm keeping secrets and his last wife was doing this and that, blah, blah,blah
    Yeah I feel like a child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• hmmm.... okay then, how would you feel if he did that? would you be okay with it at first, but then later start having doubts and insecure thoughts? I know your not his ex wife, but you NEED to be understand and caring about how he feels about it. Maybe if you oblige him, he might in the near future regain that trust he lost with his ex-wife with you. Just something to think about.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Tell him you are not his EX. And leave it at that.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think you're in the wrong here and it sounds like something is going on. Online affair, addiction ect...
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i agree with soonmommy0f3, i also think that couples should make time for each other , in my relationship it was the other way around. my husband would always stay up late on the computer. whenever i would stay up later to be with him them he would ask, why are you awake. it seems like the computer is more important then the time with your spouse.. i know how he feels and when someone hurts you very badly it is hard to just think oh this person wont do the same..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 7:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You should only care what your husband thinks if you are interested in staying married and sharing a life with him. If you don't care about either of those things, go ahead and do as you please.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Nannyb has it so right. If yu want your husband to respect your feeling you need to respect his. At least make the effort to try to change your sleep schedule. What you put into your relationship is what you will get out of it. If you don't care about his feelings why should he care about yours?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010