is it possible to breastfeed while pregnent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely!! Many mothers lose their milk at some point, but others can continue on to tandem nurse. There is information on www.kellymom.com. Personally I did for the first half of my second pregnancy until my milk dried up. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• In some cases, but it will be very hard on your body! Talk to your OB - mine recommended I quit since I'm anemic anyway, he was concerned that my hemoglobin would drop so low I would have to be hospitalized (I've had transfusions in the past due to anemia in pregnancy)

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yes, and i second looking it up on kellymom. just search on there something like tandem nursing or nursing while pregnant =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yes! there will be a point when the milk changes, i think around 3 months. some lo's may self wean at this point.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Absolutely and it's NOT hard on your body at all in most cases.

I breastfed for the first 5 months of my pregnancy this last time. Didn't experience anything above the usual symtoms.

The only thing you need to be aware of and cautious of is your progestone levels. Sometimes the prolatin can lower them and you need supplements but not all the time. I didn't need any supplements.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can...no problem! I did a ton of research, because I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I was still nursing my son and had no intention of stopping. He self weaned at 18 mos, and I was 4 months preggers. Of course I'm not a doctor, so you should check with yours just to make sure that your "healthy" enough to offer that.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010