me and my husband are getting a divorce.

hes in the army and hes deployed right now, how would i divorce him if hes not here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you can. I know they can not do child support stuff while they are over there because they want their minds focused on themselves and their troops so I think they will make you wait until he returns. You can talk to a lawyer now though to get the papers drawn up to make it faster once he gets here. Look into the laws of your state. Some say if you have kids you have to be separated for a year (without kids 6 months) before you can finalize the divorce. If you guys can come up with a time to say you were separated like the date he left for deployment that would be good, otherwise if he wants to fight the divorce he can say since you were living in the house his bah provided, he was supporting you and delay it so the date of separation is when you move out. Can you tell I've been down this road before? GL
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• you can file for the divorce and then get the papers sent over to him for him to sign. Have you already been separated?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Go talk to the army lawyers first. See what they say.

Answer by louise2 at 6:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You can file for divorce but you would have to pretty much do everything. And you probably won't get court appointed child support obviously but his chain of command will make him pay you something monthly. But deployment is hard enough on a soldier why not wait til he is stateside again?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Ya can you not wait to do this? I mean, he's not here so it's not like you have to deal with him. Just wait till he gets home. Then wreck his life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010