Would you bother asking

Okay we'll this is really hard to ask my husband because I promised myself I wouldn't but this is my last option. Okay I swear I hate my husbands mother and it seems like she is part of our major argument. I got so annoyed at him when he let our first son talk to her I wanted to break his phone and we fought he called me a bitch I called him an A hole. But whenever he dont talk to her or she write him or call him everything is fine with us were happy and smiling we get alonng great. So would it be wrong of me to ask him to not call her or contact her for a while so we can stop fighting cause we've been fight none stop since she asked him to be on her fb and his been home from deployment which was three months ago we haven't been happy or at least I haven't and his became an ass. And I know its not healthy for us or our babies even the youngest. Cause all we do is yell at each other Please don't tell me to suck it up cause .

momtoPMCandJNC

Asked by momtoPMCandJNC at 3:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• CON: I've tried but I hate her with a passion the sight of her makes me want to commite murder. So would it be wronf to ask him to stop just for awhile. And also I've been feeling really depressed and all this fighting is making it worst.
    momtoPMCandJNC

Answer by momtoPMCandJNC at 3:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Why don't you like her? She must be pretty awful. Have you and your husband been to counseling? It might be a good idea, at least for the childrens' sake. I hope things get better for you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think it would be wrong for you to ask that of him, unless your mil was extremely rude to your kids or abusive, druggie, etc. It is his mother, ad it sounds as though HE wants to keep in contact with her... sounds to me like you need to see a counselor and maybe he can help you guys work things out, but to be honest from your post it sounds like you are selfish and demanding. and that you need to work out your own issues. I don't say this to sound rude but nothing in your post says why you dislike her so much or that your kids or hubby don't want to see her.. only you. How would you feel if he demanded you to cut off your fam? not let them see their grandchildren raised? again im sorry to be blunt but that is how i am.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 5:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Just because you do not want a relationship with his MOM. Does not mean he has to stop having a relationship with his mom. Why are you trying to keep your kids from there grandma? Has she done harm to them? Or is is just because you do not like her?
    I would never keep my DH or my kids from his side of the family, unlees I had a good reason for it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yes it is wrong of you.   How would you feel if your dh asked you to stop talking to your mother? If you have problems with your MIL then you need to discuss it with your dh and lay down some boundaries for her but you have no right to expect him to cut off all contact with her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I won't tell you to suck it up. But you need to get over whatever the issue is with her. You are letting your anger control your actions and that isn't good for anyone. Especially your kids.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Since you give us no reason why you dislike her so much, I have to agree with the other ladies. And really she would have to be a druggie, child abuser, etc, in order for me to agree with you. If she's just rude or whatever, your husband still deserves to have contact with his mom. How would you feel if when your kids are older their spouses forbid them to have contact with you?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Wow! is sounds like theres, some kind of hate between u and ur mli. You guys need to work it out be4 u and ur hubby end up spliting up over his mom! What every it is can be worked some how!
    Anonymous