Safe anti vomit meds during pregnancy..did they work? help please!!

*I posted a question like this before but it close and i would like more answers please!!!My sister is pregnant and she has been having morning sickness..the doctor gave her Phenergan and Emedur (its mainly used in Asia but there intoducing it in the US)... and now shes fine..no vomiting nothing. My question is are those meds safe fot the baby? and do they actually work or are they a :mind over matter: type thing? i know the doc wouldnt give them if they were dangerous but still im just wondering...what were some things that actually worked for you to get rid of morning sickness..and how long did yours last? I cant really help her because thank God i only had nausea with my son that lasted 2 mths. shes very afraid to take the meds & im looking for some insight please help out! thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doc gave me phenergen.... I don;t like the idea of taking meds while preg ( just me not saying no one else should) I drank peppermint or chamomille tes and it worked wonders for me.. even sucking on a peppermint worked... and my sickness was awful...I should have bought stock in sonic mints! lol am a big advocate of herbal teas for minor things, nasuea headaches, cramps, etc.. but I also know that medication in sometimes necessry and more effective. i wish your sister luck.. I know how bad it can be.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 6:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• pepermint it amazing also ginger will work well. another thing that can make her sick to her stomach is having nothing in her stomach she may have to fight the neasua ad jsut get somethign in her stomach then it will calm down also tums work wonders for me not in large qanity jsut one or two every day or two but it worked well
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My doctor prescribed me Zofran and it somewhat helps. Of course this is after I tried everything else including peppermint, chamomile, crackers, etc and nothing would do anything to help me from stop puking 8 times a day. On the Zofran, I only puke 3 times a day.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I went through 4 different meds while pregnant to try and stop the vomiting. Nothing helped in my case. I threw up the entire 9 months with my 4th pregnancy (including while they were doing the csection!), and I'm now 20 weeks and still throwing up with my 5th.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I took 1/2 a tablet of unisom and 1 B6 tablet every morning and it was WONDERFUL. I've had two doctors during this pregnancy and they both said it's perfectly safe and I'm now 32 weeks and the baby and I are healthy and happy. I'd suggest trying it!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 2:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Thanks so much ladies!! this really help i told my sister to join Cafemom too so she can look up stuff but we'll see lol.. she said shes going to try ginger / peppermint first and if its really bad still them she'll take the meds. again thanks much!!
    Anonymous