how was your second c-section? please so scared!!

I had an emergecny csec with my son 2 yrs ago.so i really didnt have a good experience i was in labor for 26 hrs & only dialted to 4 cm. the drs told me id never be able to deliver vaginally due to the way my pelvis is. were TTC and im terrified of another csec..i didnt get sick during or after the surgery Thank God, im just so worried it will all hit me this time. i am happy however i can plan it out and not have to go trough the whole labor deal again & just go in the hospital in the am and deliver that same day. im just so scared..any input? how was your second time around? was it very diffrent then the first time? and what about recovery how was that diffrent? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've had one vaginal delivery and one c-section. We're trying for a 3rd child and it will be c-section too when that time comes. I'm more scared of a vaginal delivery because it was the worst experience of my life. There were all kind of problems and we almost lost our baby. I too have a pelvis that makes for a very difficult, dangerous vag. delivery so we went with a planned c-section for the 2nd baby. It was wonderful. It helped that I was able to do research on it and plan for it and find out exactly how everything would go. Sure, I was scared, but not nearly as scared as I would be going the other way.

Good luck with everything!

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I've had 4 c-secs and I can tell you it is never as bad at the first.
    Here's some tips - write them down!!!
    Firstly, tell them to let you get up yourself, DEMAND a triangle overhead, pull yourself up with your arms & move your body around. Find your own easy way & don't be bullied into the " physio way" it's your body, your decision
    Stay on top of your pain - don't wait til it hurts, everytime -& I mean EVERY time they ask if you need pain meds say yes -take everything offered to get you through the first few days.
    When you get up, sit on the side of the bed, push down into the legs- practice it before you go to hospital. - Into the thigh muscles & legs. When standing, even though everything in you will say to hunch over, stand upright with your shoulders back. This way the spine & pelvis is taking all the balancing weight, rather than tummy muscles trying to hold you up.
    Allow yourself to rest, it's major abdominal surgery!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have had 2 c-sections. The first one they were trying to induce me and after just a few hours I was not doing anything, I never began to dilate or contract very much and I made the choice along w/ my obgyn to go for the surgery. After getting in there, it was discovered to be the right choice, my sons head was jammed in my hip and I would have never been able to deliver him. Saved myself a lot of hours of pain and misery! Afterward I experience very mild discomfort, but I too accepted meds when offered. I was at a local parade 6 days later. Now my second, I again made the choice to opt for surgery, I could better plan for things and make arrangements for my older child. I did experience a little bit more pain w/ this one, but I also had my tubes tied and while doing that my Dr. found a tumor on my fallopian tube about the size of a lemon and removed it. I agree with everything the gal before me said, move around & REST!!!
    SJCaple

Answer by SJCaple at 8:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I had a labor ending section and two more sections -my first section similar to yours, i did dilate to 10 cm finally though but baby never moved into birth canal after pushing for two hours and I was way past my due date.

My second and third sections were because I got sick after my first section, so sections were done for me not to be so sick again like my first delivery.

The second and third sections for me still hurt and were scary but only about the prospect of a new baby's health usual worries. I trusted my doctors very very much the second and third times . My epidural was scary thinking about ahead of time each time and stung going in but afterwards immediately once done the fear was gone.

The pain for repeat was far less than going through labor then section. Your abdomen doesn''t get so stressed out being pregnant and sugery. You'll probably get the self pain pump.

Talk to your ob more and an anesthesiol.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• did any one get sick during or after your second csec? thanks so much for the input ladies!! thanks alot!
    Anonymous