What can I say to explain to my husband that my lack of a sex drive has nothing to do with him?

and to get him to stop trying to pressure me into....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had this problem with my husband for the first 6 MONTHS of my pregnancy. He just didn't get it. I found literature that said that it's normal and showed it to him and told him that it was just the way it was going to be. He still asks a lot but he doesn't keep bugging me when i say no. and it DOES come back!
    Anonymous

• My DH has been pressuring to have sex for 21 years. He wants it more then I do. I say, get use to the pressuring.

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• do you know why it is so low? have a nice calm talk with him about why and maybe you can talk to your doc about it... sometimes it is a hormonal thing. And not to say sex is everything, but it is a big part of any relationship. Im sure he will be understanding if you talk to him. Maybe send the kiddos to a sleepover or something so you have alone time. Good Luck!
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 6:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• IDK, mine gets that the baby is changing my hormones...and he gets really upset when i turn him down or dont get warmed up to him because we used to NEVER have a problem. I feel soo bad for him, becuase its not his fault, and i know i discourage him alot. But i did what i could to explain to him that i need more than sex, like Extra affection these days...and all that jazz! it kinda worked for awhile, but when hes frustrated and gone without for longer than his usual waiting period he becomes a jerk!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2010