Anonymous Posting??

Why do so many post anon??? We are all moms and none of us is perfect, I hope we could all be mature enough not to bash anyone for their opinions. I am a very blunt person and I am sure come across rude and cruel, but it is never my intention... We should all be accepting of the different opinions on Cafemom and be proud of our own opinions as well. Sorry I had to say something.. I really am curious as to if you post anaon and why you do so? Are you afraid to be bashed by others? Embarassed because of a personal question or problem?

LolaRae

Asked by LolaRae at 6:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They do not want any one to know who they are. But trully who really knows who each other are on here. Unless you know them in real life, right?
    I am like you, I am a blunt and very honest. I get bashed a lot for my opinions too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I am a very honest person and I do post annon. about specific ? that are typically private issues because they are private and I want advise. The reason I post annon. is because I had one lady get so mad that she posted ugly comments about my kids under their pix on my home page and I wanted to kill her. So anything personal that people can be rude for no reason about i'm ANNON. Like I said i'm am an honest person but I'm am not rude to people or mean. that is not required in an answer! For the record the ? the mom was attacking me about was "What is the best type of formula for babies?"
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• it sucks that people can be so rude and to people only asking advice. I wonder if they are like that on real life or just on line.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 6:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think Just on line cause they don't have it in them to be like that to someones face. Also I think some are having a bad day or it makes them feel better to make others feel bad.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• ALOT not all but ALOT of mean postings are ANNON. so that tells you right there that they are not wanting to be seen as the person saying though's things.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i know the feeling. i just wonder how many people would leave cafemom if they didn't have the (?)! my guess is A LOT!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 7:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I post annon so my MIL cannot find me she is crazy and does everything she can thin of to get info on me and my DS. So for his sake I post annon so she cannot mess up his life more than she already has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Why doesn't private profile bother as much as anon, why doesn't a homepage without any info on it except screen name bother as much as anon? There are plenty of rude moms who show screen names and who don't. I really doubt many moms would leave cm if anon were not allowed here on Answers cuz then there's the choice to come up with a screen name and not post info on home page or profile page.

It's just the word anon that irritates some people I think. There's not been any complaints about people with private profiles or only a screen name and nothing else on their home page but who publish their screen name.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I sometimes post anonymously: to hide if I've been online (sometimes I want to just hop on here quickly and don't have time to chat but don't want to hurt friends' feelings or anything by showing I've been online but not given time to talk to them). And, some of my CM friends are known to me outside of CM too and I might not want something very intimate or secret to become known to them, or not want to be drawn into talking about it etc. One of my question once would have given my home location away too, to those who knew that bit more behind my question; sometimes I want to ask a question but not get any personal backlash or questioning.....

I think the anon feature on here is a great asset in getting and giving help, support and comradery. xxx
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 7:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I post anon because I have had problems stemming from myspace/facebook involving stalkers and ex's so I really don't want people to be able to google my screen name or look up my questions or answers ..That's why my page is private as well..One of my stalkers is a big computer geek and he is able to look at private pages and find out passwords and etc. , that's scary to me so I try to limit the info he can find on me!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2010