What is your parenting style??

Come on ladies.. :) Tell us what you do best. What kind of mommie are you? What do you hold firm in and what do you not believe in?? Strict, lenient..go with the flow?? rear facing, front facing, Brest feeding, bottle feeding, spanking, non spanking?? Please ladies.. this is just a fun question, please do not attack another mom. I am very interested in all the different ways there are into parenting.. which is the most important job that we have in life!!

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Pretty much for me I am a strict mommie, but I have tons and tons of love for my children!! I tried breastfeeding, but it hurt so bad so I switched t bottle feeding. not proud of it though. I do believe in popping, but I mainly stick to time outs and taking toys and privileges away. I vaccinate my children though I am trying to learn more on the subject. I think I am going to start to space them out and not have him have get them all at one time.:)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I pick my battles and I do believe in time outs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• rear facing when an infant, front facing when older, breastfeeding, spanking (only when I mean business!), i'm strict about my kids having manners and treating others with respect, but other than that, I let kids be kids and try not to get worked up about too much...I don't want my kids memories of me to be yelling and screaming...(though there is a little bit of that at times)
    hav4munchkinz

Answer by hav4munchkinz at 7:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Let's see, I breastfed each of my kids but for shorter amounts of time each time. 11 months, then 7 months, then only 3 months with my twins. I am a strong believer of bf, but you always have to weigh the pros and cons to doing it. ie: with my twins I was losing my mind from sleep deprivation and one of them was hard to nurse, so for the sake of the WHOLE fam, I switched to formula. I believe in spanking but only with very serious issues, otherwise it's time outs. I'm a pretty strict mommy, make them sit at the table till they eat enough of their food (even if it's till bedtime). Only do rearfacing till they're 1. I also used the CIO method and all four of my kiddos sleep through the night! Even though I'm strict, I also get down on the floor and rough house with my kids. I love to hear them all laughing at the same time!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• strict when its needed... I spank i vaccinate for the most part, i don't gie her the newer ones. Manners and respect are big points in my house... as is picking up after yourself. Im lucky i guess i dont have to yell or spank hardly at all... we have fun and play but my DD knows right and wrong..as well as a 5 yr old can! lol she is in a booster so front facing, but rear when she was an infant. I like to think we have a healthy balance in our house... my friends all say so anyway.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 7:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm an 'attachment parenting' mama and see myself as firm but fair and fun. But I came round to each piece of that progressively over the course of having 5 children. If I could go back and do things differently with my first . . . I boy, wouldn't I just! xxx
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 7:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Exhausted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• When I was young and naive I believed that the ONLY way to go was AP, ExFF, Homeschooling, non vaxing, and SAHM.
    Now that i am old I believe in :

Keep the kid alive and mostly happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• attachment parenting mama.

breastfeeding, future extended rear facing/harnessing, baby wearing, bedsharing, delayed/spaced out vax, not hitting/spanking, gentle disciplining/redirecting, absolutely anti-CIO, listenening to my baby's needs and placing them before my own kinda mama.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I do front facing after a year. I tried breast feeding but baby #1 we both got thrush and it became too painful and baby #2 I wasn't able to produce enough for the demand. I sometimes spank, mostly time outs. I believe in letting them cry it out. If they don't eat what they are given for dinner, they don't eat. I vaccinate, but am also trying to learn more on the subject like the first poster. I believe in spending as much play time with the kids as possible, and get down on the floor to play an awful lot. They watch TV very much during the day. I talk to my children like they are people, not dogs. I gave my kids cereal at 4 months. I go with the flow, but I have some strict rules. I love my kids, and they are happy and love me back. I have a 2yr old DD and an 8 month old DS. I live in an apartment in my parent's basement with my fiance who is not my DD's bio father but is my DS bio father and he loves them both as much as me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010