CNN Poll,; Support for Gays in the military at its highest among Republican and Independents

Support for allowing gays in the military is much higher among Democrats than Republicans, but the policy wins support from a majority of Republicans as well. More than eight in ten Democrats say that gays should be allowed to serve; 62 of Republicans and 63 percent of Independents agree with that view.
The poll’s release follows Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut announcement Monday that he would be a sponsor of legislation next week to repeal the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy, which has been in place since 1993…

Question: What do you think about the growing number of Conservatives who are becoming more accepting to Gays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Its about time!! I hope they can marry soon as well.. Liberty and Justice for ALL!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• gay pride ribboni second that!!! Its about time!  equality for everyone!

LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 7:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• True most conservatives do not have a problem with gays in the military as long as they are not the type who are militant about their sexuality.As for DADT not sure how the majroity feels about that part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Im republican and dont have a problem with it. My dads a retired marine and I think his concern about it was always their safety. The only problem I can see is if someone were to join to get into peoples faces about it and then complain later when they get beat up. If you want to serve, then serve. Why do I or anyone need to know what your sexual preference is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• That is great! Everyone needs to get this pushed through and show those who are serving,gay and lesbian alike, that we fully support their service to this country.

gay pride ribbon

AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 8:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have never had issue with gays being in the military.  I think that if someone is able bodied enough to serve their country and they want to then they should be able to serve in some way.  As far as DADT policies, I am more comfortable leaving that issue up our leaders in the field as I am not military and my opinion does not reflect a military experience.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• It's time has come, great news!

Answer by older at 9:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think an all gay military sounds great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Quinn said it best, and I agree. I have no military experience (well, dad was in the AF when I was very very young, he got out when I was around 3......that's all the experience I have.) Therefore, I am in no position to judge the policies of the military. The leaders of the military should have the say-so on this issue.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Gay people in the military, I have no problem with. "Flaming Fags" who make fools of themselves and make everyone who is not also a flaming fag uncomfortable, I have a real problem with, not only in the military, but also in daily life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010