Don't you enjoy when a document gets unclassified to prove a point?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – CIA officials briefed at least 68 U.S. lawmakers between 2001 and 2007 on enhanced interrogation methods like simulated drowning that were being considered or used against captured al Qaeda members, according to declassified documents released on Tuesday.The CIA briefed lawmakers as it began seeking expanded authority for the interrogation program. Current House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi,attended a briefing on Abu Zubaydah's interrogation April 24, 2002, along with seven other members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, the documents show.After the interrogation program began, Abu Zubaydah become "one of our most important sources of intelligence on al Qaeda," helping U.S. authorities identify alleged al Qaeda operative Jose Padilla and others, according to Hayden's statement, marked "TOP SECRET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_security_interrogation

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 7:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NICE find pvtjokerus...and on Yahoo, of all places!!! LOL! :o)

Unfortunately I predict this post will be conveniently ignored--by the usual suspects! :o)

high five

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Dick Cheney WANTED it declassified, so umm.....and it proved he is every bit the liar I knew him to be

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• This is old news! Even NBC Nightly News reported that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

proving that Nasty Pelosi knew details of waterboarding proves Cheney a liar??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

I think you missed the point, lady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I can't wait until a lot of docs on 9/11 and the war get declassified. My brother carried extremely high security clearance and has tons of documents, pictures and information that he can't discuss. All he tells us is that he can't wait for everything to be declassified so he can write a tell all book on how double sided our government is, and the number of events that could have been prevented or gone about a different way.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My brother carried extremely high security clearance and has tons of documents, pictures and information that he can't discuss

So did my brother and he isn't anxious to stab his country in the back for financial gain.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Carpy_The stabbing has already been done. You wouldn't care to know what the government has been hiding and what things could have gone a different way or been avoided completely?
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sorry momtotrips. I am not among the blame evil America first. Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Nancy Pelosi LIED. She LIED about torture. She knew she LIED, now everyone knows she LIED.

What else is she lying about? THAT is the question.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2010