Should I be concerned? (potty training)

My daughter's been practically potty training herself (we would sit her on the potty a few times a day and she just stopped using her diaper shortly thereafter). I have her in underwear (I've been putting a pull-up over her underwear when we've gone out because she won't ask to go potty yet while we're out and a pull-up for bedtime, but they always remain dry). No accidents yesterday. No pee during sleep or nap for 3-4 days. Here's my worry -- yesterday I put her on the potty probably 10 times, but she only peed 5 times the whole day and it never seemed like huge volumes. When my other daughter was training, she went every hour! Two of the times she held it for over 3 hours. Is this normal, okay? I'm worried that she either is holding her pee too long or maybe even not getting enough fluids! She only drinks water -- I've tried everything to get her to drink anything else, but she's crazy like that. Would you be concerned?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 8:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look at the intake to tell what the output should be. I have noticed that my children are different on everything though. My youngest runs to the bathroom way more than the other kids. So just watch and talk to the doc the next time that you go in if it stays that way.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My son and I are picked on because we have "camel bladders". I pee maybe 2 times a day. Even pregnant or when I was drinking 90+oz of water a day, I never have to pee like everyone else I see. Maybe she is like us. As long as she is going, I wouldn't worry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010