Can diet drinks help me?

I have lost 30 pounds since July. But I have gotten slack on eating my daily salads and I have been tons of Pepsi & Dr.Pepper instead of my water. (I still drink a lot of water to) & gained 7 back
I always hear from people that once they stopped drinking regular drinking like Pepsi ,etc that they usually lose 10 pounds.I just cant stop drinking soda cold turkey BUT today I got some Diet Rite & diet sunkist.Both do NOT have that diet taste at all!
Slowly I want to switch back to mostly all water and unsweeted tea,but in the mean time do you think the diet drinks will help? Diet Rite has ZERO calories, 0 carbs,0 caffeine & 0 sodium and it has splenda in it.The diet sunkist has Zero everything but sodium 80 mg per serv size= 1 cup, its also has 28 mg/8 fl oz of caffeine and they dont use splenda.They use that crappy phenylalanine.

Oh,on my salad I use a little LT. Olive oil only. Like I said,I lost 30 & have at 20 more to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• The artificial sweeteners in diet pop block the chemical in your brain that tells you to stop eating - in effect they actually stimulate your appetite so you'll eat more than you would've without them. (same applies to those sweeteners in coffee or things like Crystal Light). Calorie wise it may be better up front, but it's likely you'll eat twice as much. Plus the sodium you mentioned will make you retain water (that's true of regular and diet).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sorry,this question posted twice.Here is the other post w/ more replies

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/380148/Can_diet_drinks_help_me?cat_id=&answer_added#answer_3333431
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I thought splenda wasn't bad for you? Please see my other post,I didnt mean to post twice. the link to my other post is above this post

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• IF u have a K_MART near u go to it...they have to books there that tell what is good and bad for u...and diet soda aint good for u...and the other book is bout fast food places and what good and not good for u at them...but the books made my sis lose 58 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• The artificial sweeteners are quite toxic. Drink water!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010