Can diet drinks help me?

I have lost 30 pounds since July. But I have gotten slack on eating my daily salads and I have been tons of Pepsi & Dr.Pepper instead of my water. (I still drink a lot of water to) & gained 7 back
I always hear from people that once they stopped drinking regular drinking like Pepsi ,etc that they usually lose 10 pounds.I just cant stop drinking soda cold turkey BUT today I got some Diet Rite & diet sunkist.Both do NOT have that diet taste at all!
Slowly I want to switch back to mostly all water and unsweeted tea,but in the mean time do you think the diet drinks will help? Diet Rite has ZERO calories, 0 carbs,0 caffeine & 0 sodium and it has splenda in it.The diet sunkist has Zero everything but sodium 80 mg per serv size= 1 cup, its also has 28 mg/8 fl oz of caffeine and they dont use splenda.They use that crappy phenylalanine.

Oh,on my salad I use a little LT. Olive oil only. Like I said,I lost 30 & have at 20 more to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes they will help with trying cut out the sugar but, absolutely switching back to all water will help. I was just wondering if you exercise as well? I am trying to lose weight but I am having a hard time getting motivated to exercise.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm sure you will see your weight go down by switching to diet drinks instead of drinking fully loaded with carbs sodas. I've always been told to counter balance it with lots of water...especially taking in that much sodium! Have you tried walking like on a lunch break or something to help the weight loss? You could be bloated too with all that salt!

But one thing I would consider is the crap they put in diet sodas.....the sweeteners they use instead are apparently really bad! That's never been something to honestly worry me, I'm trying to stop drinking all soda for weight loss, but I would look it up if I were you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Look up the word "Apartame" maybe this would make you stop completely drinking soft drinks. GL

Good Job on your loss of weight... YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Aspartame...sorry
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Not to mention that soda makes you feel bloated all the time as well. I drink lots of water but I like Crystal Light too. Or decaffeinated ice tea with equal or splenda. These are good ways to keep getting your water and not getting bored. Diet drinks are Ok and will fill you up but you should try some fiber in your diet too. The Fiber One bars are very good and curb your appetite. You could eat one of those in between meals. Adding a low calorie soup with a meal will help curb appetite. Don't forget to exercise. I love cardio workouts. I know these methods work because I lost 120 lbs doing these things. I wouldn't call it a diet, I changed my eating habits and gave up soda. Once in a while I will drink soda but I do not like the bloated feeling I get after. Good luck with your last 20 pounds.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 8:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I also want to add, that I dont really "diet". I have lost 30 pounds by cutting down on junk foods, I stop eating before I am stuffed full.I added a lot more fruits & veggies to my meals, and when I feel hungry the 1st thing I do is drink water. Sometimes your body wants water and instead you give it food. Anyway,after I drink water and 20-30 later if I am still hungry I will eat portion size food.

I havent exersied,but I am started now. ( I have very bad back problems,plus its been snowing a lot)

How much sodium should I have a day. Splenda is a lot better the real sugar.I have also been weaning myself to full splenda slowly.I have the Splenda/Sugar mix sold with the other splenda products.This stuff cost a lot,but you use a lot less
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Right now the only exerise I can do is walk,but walking is good.Even though walking still makes me hurt very bad.I'm a heavy walker, so one day I "jogged" and my back didnt hurt as much.This was last summer.Like I said,we have had a lot of now & ice and I can NOT fall! Usually my state doesnt get snow or ice anymore.I have 4 hert. disc,spinal stenisos, and arthrities in L3 to S1 ( S1 is the last moveable disc right before your tailbone is one long bone)
    I will be back later to see all the wonderful advice you sweet ladies are giving me Swimming is good & I did a lot of that in our pool this pass summer. Due to my back and having Fibro. I get in pain fast. BUT losing weight will hopefully help my back pill.It hasnt so far BUT my knee's dont hurt anymore and I can go upstairs in my house & not get our of breath AND I have been taking OFF my blood pressure pills.I am still on my STRONG pain pills though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Try flavored waters.Dannon is my favorite. If you love soda I have been there done that on all the diet sodas. The best tasting diet soda is Diet Dr. Pepper. DIet Sunkist tastes like; a little of aspartame. Diet Pepsi in the can is a different than Diet Pepsi in the fountain with the plastic cup. I checked with the company. The can has more sodium why they do this is weird but what ever works for them. Diet flavored soda like cherry and all those are great for people with diabetes that need to lose weight.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Only so much. After you lose the water weight, etc. you'll NEED excercise to maintain and continue weight loss. Can't do it with just food habits alone.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I lost 10 lbs in a little over a month going to all diet drinks. I knew if I switched to just water I could never keep it up long term, so I switched to something I could live with - diet soft drinks. I like the Pepsi One, Coke Zero, and diet Sierra Mist the best. The taste is not as good, or addicting to me as regular soft drinks so I don't drink as much and it has actually helped me increase my water consumption - not sure why (maybe because when I eat out, they rarely have good diet drinks?).

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010