How do I disconnect a XBOX without disturbing my sons games or scores.......I need to know because I am using it for a discipline tool.

My sons' studying habits are not what they should be. I have been telling him to study for a science test for weeks and now the final day he studied for one half hour. He is in sixth grade. I told him that he will not have privileges to his xbox because he failed to study for the last 3 weeks. I also would be interested in finding out about tutoring my child.

suzyb

Asked by suzyb at 8:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just unplug it and put it in the closet until the punishment is over.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Just unplug it. Part of the punishment is losing your score. Tell him to get his ass back to the books or you will sell it for grocery money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I've used grounding from electronic devices before (Wii, DS, computer - except for school purposes) and never bothered to unplug or disconnect them. My kids know that if they are caught playing while grounded, it will be a much longer grounding along with other punishments, so they're pretty good with the honour system. Plus they don't have them in their rooms, so it'd be pretty obvious if they were playing.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Why do you care about saving the scores? You unplug it and he loses his scores, that's part of the punishment. He'll live.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Make HIM disconnect it so he can protect his scores and games. Then he has to hand it to you. That's part of the disciplinary process. Getting it back and him reconnecting it can also be part of the reward process.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• bethsunshine: Punishment is just that and it's NOT DISCIPLINE. You learn something from discipline and she's trying to teach him something not just be mean to the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You are trying to punish him, don't worry about a stupid video game score. Just unplug the thing and stash it somewhere he won't be able to find it. Better yet, put the xbox in one hiding spot and the cords in a different place.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 8:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2010