Do you have a secret stash of money somewhere and only you know where it is?

Do you mind saying where?...I would like some tips :)

I am trying to save secretly (so no banks) my dh loves to spend...thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Whats wrong with opening a secret account?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No. But I know people who do . I have a friend who has buried a stash in her garden. There are people who tape envelopes to the back of major appliances with cash in them. Or in a duct. :) HTH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I wish! They make those fake banks that look like hairspray cans, shaving cream etc. I would be afraid that I would throw it away though. If you are stashing from your husband..put it somewhere he would not look...makeup container, tampon box??
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have a debit card that has money on it, he knows about the card but no idea how much is on it.

Skylight.net is the website to check into. You can have part of you paycheck sent to a debit card. So I have a dollar amount that I picked that goes on the card out of every paycheck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• In envelopes taped to the cover of my great grandmothers cookbooks or in between the pages, that's my cash stash. I also have a secret account in my name and my moms and the statements go to her house. She taught me at an early age no matter how strong and lock tight your marriage is, you should always protect yourself as a just in case. Anything can happen at any time whether it be divorce, death or lawsuit.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yep..I have 36 cents stashed in a kitched drawer, hahaha. :)
    But if I had more and I needed to hide it I would put it in a pocket of one my not so very used sweaters hanging in the closet. Or taped above the baseboard inside and envelope on the inside of my closet above the door. Underneath a dresser,under a rug in the closet,in the basement.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I only do because I'm pregnant. Once the baby comes, I want to have some money to do things without having to ask DH for money. I keep it in an envelope in my nightstand. I just started saving in January and I have over $300 saved. I would love to have $600 when the baby comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sure you're looking for ideas. Ideas on where to look when robbing people maybe....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would just open a bank account he doesn't know about. Or even one he does know about but doesn't have access to. Put all the money for bills in that account and leave the one he has access to as his spending money account. Pretty much put him on an allowance. LOL!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• if its in the house it usualy the tampon box... or in my underwear drawer with the grany period undies in the back.

i like to keep a twenty in the secret pocket in my wallet in case of an emergency though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2010