Is This True?

"The rush of war is often a potent, and lethal, addiction, for war is a drug." -Chris Hedges

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• War is necessary. You cannot negotiate with insane people...and God only knows this world is filled with crazies. Therefore, when a group of people says they want to kill everyone of certain race, religion, gender, etc. and actually set out to do so, there is nothing else you can do except fight back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I see it as sometimes necessary.Which does not mean I or others who agree are war mongers or lovers of war..although no matter what we'll be refered to as such by some.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Whatever......Even God knew that war was necessary sometimes. Not ideal, but necessary.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• tnmom, Chris Hedges is one who would refer to us as such.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think it is necessary at times. It is not the first option that we should choose. I also think that it is very possible that for SOME soldiers, the action, the adrenaline rush, could become addicting, much like some people are attracted to high-risk activities like bungee-jumping. So, that statement COULD be true for a few, but definitely not true for the general population.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'm a pacifist. I believe war is only necessary when all other options have been exhausted.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• War is a tool for the Idiots in Charge to use and they don't care how many of our fine men and women get killed while fighting for whatever the idiots in charge want. OIL?
    Would you ladies who are in favor of war please enlist and go to the middle east and then come back and tell us if you still think War is so great?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would agree with the statement in a vacuum. War has always bred war, and the war machine. However, sometimes it is necessary.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Anon I am not in the military myself but I do have plenty of family who have been and are at this time.Some were right in the middle of war and some died.I do not have to be on the feild of war to think that it is sometimes necessary.Many who ARE in the military agree that it is sometimes necessary or did you think they all sign up only for other reasons and not realizing that they just might end up in the middle of real combat?

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I also want to add anon that it would appear you do not have a very high level of confidence in the men and women of our military to make informed and educated decisions for themselves.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010