Starting shaving

My SD is starting to shave her legs, does anyone know of a newbie friendly razor?

chrissifaye

Asked by chrissifaye at 9:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My sister got one of those Soleil (sp?) razors when she first started shaving her legs. I don't know if it was "newbie friendly" or not but she seemed to do just fine. I wouldn't go crazy with the 5 blade vibrating ones or anything because she's obviously more likely to cut herself with that. Just find a basic, 2 or 3 blade one.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I bought my DD an electric razor to start with. By the time it needed new blades she was ready to move on to a regular razor. I just give her the same kind I use now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Veet - not really a razor so she can't cut herself. I've used it before and it worked great, it's what I plan on getting my DD when she starts in the next year or two (she's 8)

Answer by missanc at 10:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My daughters started snaking around and were using mine. I buy the gillete 5 pack they are the pastel colors. They never had any trouble with them. Now I buy them their own. One thing that really helps is the ladies shaving cream, one prefers vanilla while the other likes raspberry. That really cuts down on cuts and abrasions. Mine knew about shaving their legs by watching me when I was trying to have mommy alone time that turns into what ya doin time.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My girls and I use Venus razors and sensitive skin shaving cream by aveno...no cuts yet :)
    mommalaa

Answer by mommalaa at 11:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010