7 going on 17 !!!!!!! NOT FUN!!!!!

I have a 7 yr old beautiful little girl but her attitude latley is out of control , i ask her to do somthing and she rolls her eyes , i say your not going to your freinds house and she says ' WHATEVER ' are you kidding me i dont think i would even be alive if i spoke to my mom that way!!! LOL!!!! I no she is getting influenced by other little girls at school but i cant not send her to school, so how do i stop it before it gets worse !!!!!! Any advice!!!

zy616

Asked by zy616 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Discipline her for giving you attitude. Tell her up front what the consequences will be if she gives you an attitude or is disrespectful. Think of things that you see fit for this kind of behavior. Let her know a head of time so that she isn't bombarded with consequences for things she didn't even know she wasn't supposed to do. Then if she does them, make sure you folllow through.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have a 6 yr. old girl and she is the same way the only think I can tell you is to remind her who is the parent bc nothing seems to work for me either. I tell my dh about her saying man she is only 6 can you imagine when she does hit her teenage years :(

I just pray that with us keeping them on the right track they grow up to be respectable young ladies. Let's hang in there. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yu are the only one who can control it, and if you do not, she will continue to do so. it is up to you to take action, otherwise your allowing her to be the way she is. shes 7.. aboviously shes not getting disiplined
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My daughter went through this about a year ago - we started disciplining her whenever it happened (earlier bedtime by 10 mins every time, or cutting screen time, etc). It stopped pretty quickly and at 8 she's back to her happy go lucky self - at least for a little while!

Answer by missanc at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010